TheStampede01's avatar

• Canada eh?
  • Joined Mar 3, 2012

Nineteen 19

May 1, 2012

Story- What the...? A main character of a romance anime thats not a teenager and its not even set in a school? Well there are flashbacks of his school life, but yeah this romance is about a young guy (try to guess his age lol) and a girl that hes liked since junior high. He also works as a waiter and has two friends and a homolust boss... but thats not really significant. The end is also a bit of a twist, whether in a good or bad way is up to you to decide.

Animation- Pretty standard for the 90's. Fairly realistic char designs and even a little symbolism thrown in once in a while.

Sound- Even though this was made in the 1990's the music just screams 80's. Fair warning its really cheesy 80's music and theres a lot of it. Like in the first 4 minutes already 2 songs with lyrics have played lol. I gotta say I totally loved it though, it really brought out the whole 80's vibe in this anime.

Characters- Weve got the main char(Kabota) whos a 19 yr old bartender who "chooses" to remain a virgin (we can infer because he wants to lose it to the girl hes really likes). His friends... who dont' really do much. His homolust boss. His love interest(Fujisaki) and her bitchy friends aswell as her ex. Everyone is there for a reason (except his boss) and do their job well.

Overall- Really enjoyed this from start to finish, I guess the music helped too. I'm interested to find out what happens next and will probably pick up the manga eventually. If your looking for a more realistic romance anime that isn't about teenagers in highschool I can heartily reccomend this (unless you really hate 80's music lol)

dalmain says...

I enjoyed this. Thanks for your review. I didn't know there was a manga..I have to check it out.

Sep 9, 2013