TheStampede01's avatar

• Canada eh?
  • Joined Mar 3, 2012

Bride of Deimos

Apr 30, 2012

Story- The story isn't the most interesting story in the world. Its a mystery with some supernarutal elements, but it works for this kind of anime. I think the OVA uses the 1 episode run time to its advantage well, but it could have elaborated a bit more on the supernatural side.

Animation- Characters have standard Josei/Shoujo char designs for that era, which look pretty nice. Nothing stood out as overly impressive though. There are parts where the colouring is changed in order to change the atmosphere, which I thought was pretty effective.

Sound- Pretty forgettable, theres a cool 80's synth tune that playes during the start and the end thats kind of catchy but really nothing else noteworthy aside from some cheesy side effects lol.

Characters- Theres really not too many characters in this... which I guess makes sense. The character that were there were used effectivvely IMO. I wish they could have focused a little more and Deimos and his bride though >_> considering the title

OVerall- An enjoyable experience, albiet a bit cheesy at times with the sound effects and zooming in and out etc. It will deffinetly appeal to most horror fans like me and is a much better attempt than some of the stuff that is coming out nowadays.

dalmain says...

I really enjoyed this OVA. I would have liked to know more about Minako and Deimos background. But it was enjoyable for the 1 episode.

Aug 26, 2013