TheStampede01's avatar

• Canada eh?
  • Joined Mar 3, 2012

Papillon Rose

Mar 8, 2013

So this is the sequel to Lingire warrior Papillon Rose, which was a one episode OVA and I guess at some point someone thought they should make this into a 6 episode OVA... both of these titles are ofcourse awful.

Story- So this story takes place 1 year after the events of the first OVA and somehow the main characters have all lost their memories. So now Tsubomi (Papillon Rose) must band her previous allies together to fight the evil minions of Night Queen and her henchwomen monster of the week style. There are some pretty crappy plot twists later on and aside from that it's very predictable and very boring. One thing I liked though were the otaku spectator characters who instead of running for their lives like regular people stayed behind and gave the monsters names and were not completely awful in terms of comic relief. Theres also some light romance which isn't very satsifying or given much time at all. I'd also like to point out this OVA is much less explicit as the first OVA... no nudity or acidic breasts, really this could have been a T.V anime without any problems, albeit a really terrible one.

Animation- The animation is fairly average, I liked the transformation scenes I guess... and some of the monster were somewhat decent looking. I wouldn't say it was a strong point in this OVA though.

Sound- Nothing stood out for me, the opening and ending themes are very average and the voice acting is atleast competent IMO.

Characters- These are some pretty awful characters, just awful lazy stereotypes. Tsubomi the main char is just your average happy-go-lucky girl. Papillon Lilly is the.. promiscuous one  and not much else to say about her and Papillon Margaret is the studeous and once transformed cute/moe one. There are some characters later on that are important as well. The villains didn't have much development, as far as I could tell they were 3 sisters who kind of reminded of those leuitenants in power rangers.

Overall- Yeah obviously not worth your time, just another ecchi, magical girl anime that somehow got a sequel.