TheMajor5's avatar

TheMajor5

• Ohio
  • Joined Feb 27, 2009

Iria: Zeiram The Animation is a classic example of an old school anime.  Its one of those animes that just has that old memorable feeling to it, ya know?  Well as the story goes, its really a far fetched bogus one if you ask me.  The most powerful demon, known as Zeiram, escapes and its up to bounty-hunter Iria to stop this havoc.  That's as good as it gets in 6 ovas folks.  The monster is invincible and Iria has to find a way to kill it before it destroy Earth.  Its a pretty drawn out story that could of been made into about 2 ovas, its incredibly slow and takes some will-power to finish it up.

Well once again, the 90's had that old school feeling that I cant rip on to much.  There is a lot of gun fire and fight scenes that make the ova worth sticking through.  But yet I can't help to say the fight scenes are not amazing, there just average "lacking of something" fights.

The sound is decent, there's one particular song I liked and that was the intro.  I have to admit the intro really started to get good about ova 3 and had me listening to it every time.  Iria's voice though was very monotone and there was NO emotion displayed at all.

This anime is just so boring at this point I don't even know what to say about the characters.  They never develop one bit and they lack serious emotion.  There manikins that move basically.  Except Iria has a pretty nice costume that kept my attention.

Lets just say if you didn't like episode one, do not continue.  Its boring and really im sure there's a better ova out there.  If you really like it then by all means watch it and try to convince others, but overall it was lacking a lot and did not seem like the full potential of the 90's.