TheKillaRaVeN's avatar

TheKillaRaVeN

• Joined Mar 7, 2014
  • ? / ?

STORY:9/10 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann definitely has one of the best stories that I have seen in an anime. The pacing is perfect, there is absolutely no filler, and the time gap in the middle is not confusing as time gaps usually are. The story itself is actually pretty decent and entertaining, and certainly feels full. There are a few unexpected plot twists here and there (which I will not spoil) that also make it more entertaining and makes you want more with each episode's passing. That is why it certainly deserves a 9/10 for the story.

Animation:8.5/10 This is a category that certainly exceeds, Gainax always has their own style and its always extremely impressive. The color palette is definitely one of the best things in Gurren Lagann, it is eye-popping and adds greatly to the entertainment. The character models are excellent, and the overall graphics are decent. However, the only thing that I can point out is that you can easily tell a distincion between how good the animation is during fights, and the slightly lower animation quality of non-fight scenes. But overall, really good animation.

Sound:8.5/10 The soundtrack definitely deserves gratitude, everything from the ambience to the openings and endings and Libera me From Hell all fit perfectly with Gurren Lagann and the action in it. The voice acting in sub and dub is decent even if at first it was a little off.

Characters:9/10 The characters are certainly memorable and iconic. Kamina being almost everyone's favorite, including my own. All of the characters are very well developed and you get attached to plenty of them. All around, the characters are excellent and while there are a couple annoying ones at first, you like them anyway!

Overall:9/10 Overall I very highly recommend this anime because of everything it has. It was overall extremely entertaining and left me with an awesome sense of awe inspiration! Fight the power and take it easy, PEACE!

8.5/10 animation