TheBlueKing44's avatar

TheBlueKing44

• Where you least expect me
  • Joined Mar 4, 2013

Hidan no Aria

Jun 17, 2013

There are some things in anime I really don't like or find quite a nucense. However I am trying to watch more shows outside of my action/adventure safe zone of anime. I have never much been a fan of the token tsundere characters, however I can see past my dislike if the character is good or has other good qualities. Some shows however, win me over when I just don't think about it and just have fun with it. Aria isnt loved by everyone but I myself didn't take the show to seriously and liked it.

Aria started off interesting enough with a Ken being held up at gunpoint by the assassin killer and the first episode had a funny twist by having his "Histeria" mode activate when he gets horny, which I found funny. The first few episodes had a similer plot and slowely grow into a more concise story. I didn't like that this show was only 12 episodes though. The issue with it is the fact they dont have time to flesh out the other characters that form the supporting cast. Also the length sorta hurts the last episode because the final fight sorta happens rather quickly and ends not long after it begins.

Another thing I want to bring up was the humor. I felt this show had a fair amount of humor, again if you keep your expectations lower then normal. Also I found some humor in the times fanservice is used in this show.

Overall: I enjoyed this show, simpley for the fact it was fun to watch cuz I didn't take it too seriously and enjoyed the action sequences. I also want to give a nod to the dub cast for doing a pretty good job on the characters, even if they were typical sterotypes. Its a average show that you can watch quickly. I reccommend it if you don't mind a bit of fanservice and fair amount of humor with your action and mini harem.

6.5/10 characters