TheAnimeChick's avatar

• Joined Jul 17, 2014
  • ? / F

No Game No Life

Aug 6, 2014

Have you ever felt like you were born in the wrong world? That is how siblings Sora and Shiro felt. There very unique gaming skills made them undefeatable, but in a world that requires social ineraction, they were failers. One day a mysterious gamer challenges the dynamic duo to a game of chess. After a hard  fought victory the mysteroius gamer who also happens to be a god, introduces them to a new world. One in which everything is decided by games.

This anime is so uniquely entertaining. The story is incredibly unpredictable and even so intellectual at parts that it was at times hard to follow. There are many developments in the plot and several twists that you will never see coming. I think what made the story so unique is that they aren't trying to leave the new world, but instead they desire to conquer it.

The animiation was also very well done and the music was very fitting to the setting. The voice actors were also really good.

However, I do have a few small critiques. If you're like me, then you like to see alot of character developement (like so much that you feel like you know them personally). There was some developement in the main characters but almost none in all side characters and the main characters aren't really the hero type that you like to cheer for. They're more like the really perverted but really intelligent type that you don't really like but you have to admit that they are amazingly talented at what they do.

This anime was also a little too much ecchiness for me, but honestly the story and unpredictability kept me watching. I gave this anime a 9/10, it's a pretty good watch.