Taekwondoin's avatar

• Uk
  • Joined Jul 18, 2011

Lucky Star

Jan 1, 2012

Story: I gave the plot a 9 because really speaking, this show doesn't have a plot. It's a great slice of life anime though and if you discount it because it doesn't build up into anything, then you really aren't worth my time. Essentially, it's about a group of 4 girls in their last 2 years of high school, snowed under by homework, assessing the normal practices of daily life. We see the troubles of a young female manga addict, a tsundere whose not really a tsundere, and 2 clumsy yet cutesy characters who couldn't be any more different. I don't know how they mangaged that but they did.

The whole thing is hilarious from start to finish, not one thing stands out as being annoying or embarrassing or anything, this show is flawless.

Animation: Typically stylised chibi characters, some nicely rendered backdrops, and consistancy in both animation and places, you kind of feel that if you walked in to Kona-chan or Kagami's houses, you'd instantly know your way around. Again, flawless.

Sound: Great opening, the closing is always used for comedy, so is worth sticking around for. The voice acting is brilliant, the sound effects fit well, what more can i say? Flawless.

Characters: With slice of life anime, if you can't relate to, or at least get to know, the characters well, then to me it's failed. This immerses you so deep into the characters world that it's impossible not to find a character you don't like, and don't know a lot about. The characters are where this anime really excells, and the main reason i'd tell anyone to watch it. Also, if you're an active member of this site (including the forum) and you don't love Konata, again, you really aren't worth my time. Flawless.

Overall: FLAWLESS

SixShooter says...

Yeah it kind of showed haha. I don't think "flawless is the right word".

Oct 30, 2014
Taekwondoin says...

I should really rewrite this review, It's rushed and was written in the heat of the moment after just finishing the show. It's not a 10/10 anime, although it is still very very good.

Nov 5, 2012