SwordsManIV's avatar

SwordsManIV

• Carmel Valley, CA
  • Joined Nov 24, 2009
  • 25 / ?

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion had a great concept. There are very few flaws in the first half of the anime. One of the few down sides is that since I'am more of a manga addict, I 'm disapointed at the fact that it is not precise to the original work. They jumbled all three of the mangas together under the title of Code Geass: LeLouche of the Rebellion. Such an example is the attack at the Japanese Liberation Front Hotel Incident never happened in lelouche of the rebellion, it happened in Nightmare of Nunnaly. As well as the original story of Lelouch of the Rebellion where the nightmares where not mechas, they were suits that had masks (as seen when Euphie declares the right of japan) where a scene shows us the lancelot in suit form.

With a great concept and griping story; it still feels that what the studio has done was completely unsanitory and could of just been called Code Geass.The animation was simply stunning, it blew my mind. It had very little or no chopy moments that made the animation slow down. Even the action scenes where the mechas fought each other were great and memoral from the first time seeing those fighting scenes to if you have seen it five times.

Which each of the many main and side characters; many of them have their own personalities and characteristics that make them stand out on their own. Well supporting each other and as much of themselves giving emotion to or from the scene with or without the hitchcockian style. For those who don't understand what I mean, it means that the score or music gives off the emotion of the character besides the acting. The overall anime is outstanding in the way that does make this a top priority anime to watch.

7.5/10 story
8.5/10 characters

RyuSoma says...

Nice comparison between the manga and the anime.  I'm Code Geass fan myself, and I love the anime.  It is one of the better shows I have seen in such a long time.  The character development is what really draws me in.  I can't wait to watch the second season.  Overall, good point of view toward the series.

Nov 25, 2009