Sttaarr's avatar

• Joined Jul 22, 2008
  • ? / ?

Koi Suru Boukun

Jun 9, 2012

Koisuru Boukun is an OVA adaption of a manga by the same name, but perhaps better known in English as 'The Tyrant Falls in Love'.

I enjoyed the story (what there was of it), and felt that it was 'fresh'. Afterall, how many homophoic people do you see as the main love interest in an anime featuring Yaoi?

It had a fairly open ending, but didn't really leave you hanging.

It was was alright. There wasn't really anything 'amazing' that jumped out at me, but nothing was blatently bad, either.

At times, there were scenes that had no background music, and I felt that the voice acting fell a little flat because of that. Otherwise, it was alright, a little cheesy, but alright.

Didn't have a lot of depth, and there wasn't a lot of backstory. Not that I expected there to be much in 2 episodes.

Overall

I thought this OVA was 'alright'. It wasn't bad, it had an open ending but tied up the loose ends in a neat little bundle.

From the perspective of someone who watched this, then read the manga, I'll say that the manga is a lot better, and this OVA is a good companion piece to it.

Those that haven't read it, though, may feel that it is a bit rushed.