StevenSAKUJO

Another

26 MAY
2012

Story: 3/10

Another follows the path of violence, a cursed class suffering the 26 year long phonenmon of death. I would compare it to the "Final Destination", basically students are surrounded by senseless death, its explanations - unsatisfactory, it's plot - uninteresting. This anime follows an increasingly popular trend of attracting its viewers through violence. Violence interests me, but not in this sense. There is much more to be said about the plot but it is not worth saying, it is basically a combination of Lord of the Flies and Final Destination. It could have been redeemed through romance, but perhaps that would distract from the violence.

Animation: 5/10

Boring and boring, but just like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - although not to the same extent - where characters would have been worthless and unworthy of concern, they are saved by their appearence. The "whatever boring cliche" character becomes someone through their appearence. That is the only redeeming thing that can be said.

Sound: 5/10

Hardly noitcable, op and ed sucked. They decided to use such elevator music to begin and end such violent and dramatic scenes, it was pathetic.

Characters: 5/10

Merciful rating for how cliche and predictable all of the characters were, I think they were all that made this watchable - that being said animes always do the same cookie-cutter awesome characters and thus its difficult to decide which standard to compare it with. I decided overall, but within animes id give it a 3 maybe. Not much to say about them, they have about as much depth as Mei's dolls but they at least they look the part.

Overall 5/10

I watched it until the end, that means it gets 5/10 min ranking, it must have some redeeming features if I didn't just shut it off and walk away. Since I don't review animes I didnt watch, all my reviews are above 5+. This is probably the worst anime I ever watched, that being said it wasn't too awful. It was entertaining at least, if not only to muse at how stupid it is.

Other Anime Reviews by StevenSAKUJO