StevenSAKUJO's avatar

• Joined Dec 30, 2010

Kuroko's Basketball

Sep 3, 2013

Story: [6.5/10]

Reviewing Kuroko's Basketball is difficult because I want to give a helpful opinion but also give my opinion, the truth is that there are a lot of aspects about this anime that will annoy people. It's a shounen and if you dislike shounens then this one will not be an exception, just like all the baseball shounens such as Major and One outs and all of them. Players are hyped to an extreme, everytime someone does something you'll get two-three people telling you how amazing it is and all the typical cliches you can expect are there. Personally I usually get pretty drawn into these type of things, I love the hype and since I never expected any realism or logic I tend to ignore that aspect While animes like code geass had me raging about inconsistencies, I never recognize such inconsistencies in shounen and I become very numb to some things people might get very annoyed about.

I just accept whatever I'm told and enjoy the show, which made me feel like Kuroko's Basketball was one of the best animes I've ever watched in terms of enjoyment. I even watched it a second time just now, thats why im writing this review although there really isn't much to say.

Animation: [7.5/10]

Nothing special

Sound: [9/10]

I really loved the OST, not that Im a fan of the genre of music but it just fit really well.

Characters: [6/10]

Although towards the end some character design started being made, most characters had literally no personality and while it didn't bother me too much, it would be absurd to give anything above 6. Some characters were interesting and others despite being fairly main characters such as Kuroko himself really had no personality beyond whats relevant to their basketball. I never really cared much about the characters except perhaps Aomine cuz he had an interesting story and I felt like this lack of interesting characters stops Kuroko from being a really great anime instead of just an enjoyable one.

Overall: [7.5/10]

Whether you like this anime or not will depend a lot on your interests and irritabiliy, if you don't know what to expect from a shounen then watch a bit of this and you'll understand. If you do know what to expect then it's safe for you to rely on your pat experiences, I think.

6.5/10 story
7.5/10 animation
8.5/10 sound

isak0044 says...

I really don't agree with you about the characters, i think they give many details, and show them as well, i'd say it's one of the animes with the best characters as a whole, i mean there are so many like aomine the other generation of miracals nearly the whole serin team, and a couple of others really enjoyalbe.

Feb 27, 2014