Sparta's avatar

• the interwebs!
  • Joined May 21, 2011

Bleach

Dec 4, 2012

Bleach is a prety fun anime. Rotating around the rise and growth of Shinigami Ichigo Kurosaki, the story is not exactly deep, but nonetheless enjoyable. Bleach has its moments when its a little too "Dragon Ball Z" with the increase in peopel's powers, and I kind of wish that it didn't seem that Ichigo was the meter by which all other characters was measured, but that is to be expected with just about any anime, so I can't complain too much.

My only real argument against Bleach would be that between reading the manga, and watching the anime, some of the story elements are not quite as obvious. Having been introduced to Bleach by the anime, I found myself slightly confused, especially on many of the 'gags' involving supporting character Inoue, but not so much as to ruin the experience. The filler is passable most of the time, but sometimes I find myself wishing that the anime didn't delve into arcs absent in the main story, but that complaint is really more against the difficulty of creating an anime based on an ongoing manga.

I could say more, but I supose my biggest suggestion to my fellow anime viewers is to watch the show for yourselves, and make a decision for yourself. There are so many viewers that seem to like or hate it with a near-religious energy, but the easiest way to enjoy the anime is just to watch it for what it is. :)