Soccerlove180's avatar

• Washington
  • Joined Mar 21, 2010

Bamboo Blade

Dec 13, 2012

I honestly enjoyed this anime to the fullest. I've only seen the english version and neigther have I read the manga, so I don't have much to judge. I plan on watching the Japanese sometime in the future along with read the manga for this amazing anime. Anyway to get on with my review:

Story: This anime is about a sensei -name Toraji Ishida- of a dojo, who has lost all his enthusiasm for his work. But one day Toraji's own sensei starts a bet with him. If Toraji can beat his Sensei's all-female Kendo team in a match... then he can have a whole years worth of sushi. This bet gives him back his enthusiasm, as he sets out to create the strongest all-female team that only his school can provide.

This story line is different from what I've seen in most sports anime. All too often you hear about the strong male characters in sprots anime... very rarely have I seen any with an all girls team. I just loved that this anime had some pretty unquie twists in it. It made me laugh, smile and even cry.

Animation: The animation was very well done. It tore me away from my world to live for a while with Kirino, Tamaki, Sayako, Miyako, and Satori. It felt rather real as far as anime is changelled. I really love the strength of the animation that this anime provides.

Sound: Sorry I don't really very much to say about the sound...it didn't seem too over done, or too light... I guess that it was sort of in the midle for me. But I found the music fit this anime perfectly.

Characters: The characers were all very unquie and intriguing. I love how in this group of girls there was such a diverse personalites, who all work hard to become stronger. And help each other out whenever possible. They deminstrate team work and become very close friends outside of the Dojo. And then you meet some other characters throughout the anime and I think gives this anime a little more deepth than most.

Overall: I've given this anime an even 9/10. I really like the diveristy mixed with the unquieness found in this anime. I love the seriousness mixed in with the comedy. This is one the most spirited sports anime that I've ever seen. I'm sure that anyone who likes strong female characters, spirited sports anime, and even comedy, you'll truly enjoy this one. But please don't take my word for it. Go. Watch Bamboo Blade yourself. And then write your own review.

Thanks for reading this. Have a spectacular day!