default avatar

Slaanesh14509

• Germany
  • Joined Jul 2, 2010

While this series does offer a very good story supported by solid characters, the last few episodes (the psychological part of the series) was a little dragged out. i would've rather had it for only one episode, but concentrated, and instead they should've put in a proper conclusion. if they wanted to add that much dialogue it should've been in a style similar to Bakemonogatari, as the dialogue there was truly not letting me go (I watched the last two episodes of NGE at double speed due to boredom).

The animation does not fit todays standards but the series is from 1995 and thus it is not comparable to anything except series of that time and I think it is pretty good. I didn't think the music was all that catchy except for the Freude schöner Götterfunken, which fits the entire series as a theme.

The characters all had weird starting situations, and their past was even more confusing. I doubt that the different pasts that they had attached to them would've developed into anything similar to their personalities. The only well developed personality was from the protagonis Shinji.

All in all it was an anime worth watching, but I really suggest that you watch the last few episodes on twice the normal speed.