Sillybehr

Kamisama Kiss

BASED ON READING 36 OF 110 CHAPTERS
3 NOV
2011

This story is about a teenage girl, Nanami, who is abandoned by her father and left homeless.  She meets a mysterious man who bestows upon her a gift--she becomes the new "land-god" of the local shrine.  Moreover, she meets Tomoe--a magical fox in human form--who, although at first resistant, works hard to protect and help her as her loyal familiar.

I love the story so far--plenty of good hearted and funny moments.  My favorite character is, of course, Tomoe--who doesn't love a bishi with animal ears, right?  He really reminds me of Inuyasha only not nearly as fickle.  Moreover, his loyalty Nanami is moving.  Yet, he still retains the mischieviousness and wildness associated with his true form--the fox.  Nanami is a strong willed girl who ends up into trouble more so because she is naive about her new role as a god--not because she is an air-head (so refreshing!).

The shinto aspects of this manga are what first attracted me to this series, after I had just finished watching the second season of the anime: Natsume Yuujinchou.  There is also Master/Slave and Reverse Harem themes within the story as well as romantic undertones between Tomoe and Nanami.  Keeping this in mind, I think anyone who liked series like Mei-Chan no Shitsuji, Fruits Basket, or Natsume Yuujinchou would probably like this series too.

Other Manga Reviews by Sillybehr

Kamisama Kiss user review by Sillybehr

Kamisama Kiss

go to manga

• Art 9/10

Recent Manga Reviews by Sillybehr

comments

yukichii avatar yukichii
Mar 11, 2012

Thanks for the review, I've started to read the manga and I'm glad I did. I found it helpful 10x