Seority's avatar

• Wisconsin Rapids
  • Joined Mar 18, 2013

Kaleido Star

Apr 5, 2013

All I can say is that Kaleido Star is one of the most under-rated, under-appreciated animes of all time. This anime came to me by accident, and I'm thankful for that miracle today.

This is an awe-inspiring anime that is made to inspire you to follow your dreams and never ever give up! Sora is an amazing role model, and through every challenge she faces, you are there, wanting to cheer her on.

The story itself I really enjoyed. The pacing is great and plot twists make it exciting to see what happens next. The animation isn't the best you've ever seen, but I do appreciate the animators for making the characters bend in real form rather then making them look like floppy sock puppets or stiff stick figures. The music can get repetitive, but it's still puts you at the scene of a huge theatrical circus. On a personal note, if you are a fan of dubbed, consider a switch for this anime. The English Sora is a bit on the loud and obnoxious side, rather than confident yet sweet side.

The real magic of this anime, is not only the performances, but it's the characters that will inspire you. Everyone one of them are well-rounded. They all have their own stories, uniqueness and qualities you can appreciate. You may even come to find yourself liking the snooty brats who are always jealous of Sora, because no one is truly evil, just misunderstood.

No matter what your feelings are on this anime, give it a few episodes and begin to realize what I am saying.

"You may never think that watching someone else achieve their dream would give you the courage to accomplish your own, so let yourself become inspired to follow your dreams with all you have!"