Seority's avatar

Seority

• Wisconsin Rapids
  • Joined Mar 18, 2013

This is a well-done anime based off a great otome game.

Even though the story starts like a first-person character story about Chizuru, it ends up being a second-person story where we just view what happens around Chizuru. This bothered me a little because Chizuru (as most female otome protagonists) was very shy and quiet, and showed little personality. We, as the audience, could of gotten more attached to her if we were able to hear her thoughts, or explanations to why she did or did not do things.

That is my only little grip about it. The story does a good job in spreading out Chizuru's involvement with all the characters. Even though she lacked personality, the guys really made up for it! The story is very heavy and serious as far as the plot goes, but there are sparks of humor and (of course) romance.

The only other thing I'll complain about is the lack of the connection between Chizuru and the Rasetsu until the very end. I guess I just wanted to see more "gooshy" scenes that should of totally happened.

Anyway! If you are a fan of otome, or interested in dabbling into it, Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan is a must watch!