ScoobyDoo

K-On!

27 FEB
2012

It's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...

After getting thoroughly addicted to this anime and sharing it with anyone who has ears, I have personally decided to make this one a permanent part of my collection. I absolutely loved K-ON and would watch it again and again. The songs were astounding if you are into J-Pop (I downloaded the soundtrack as soon as I finished season 01).

K-ON is a real slice of life anime and is not too serious. You laugh and join in the fun on a huge scale. It's a giggle a minute. We see the members of the band meet, grow, live and laugh together. As Houkago Tea Time grows musically and the characters grow personally you start to get that familliar attached feeling.

I know this sounds like a real Otaku's perspective but do yourself a favour and check this one out, seriously!! I have been through so many series, OVA and movies and this is definately in my top 5 to watch.

K-ON litarally topped Bakemongatari, a revered anime on September 21, 2010.

The music is done beautifully and the voice cast is spot on!

Lastly, I know I have been hammering on this fact recently but please, please just try it out and if it is not for you, fine, ust give these girls a chance. I'll even include a few download links below:

The Pirate Bay:  http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/4989368/

K-On!

Another user review by ScoobyDoo

Another

Recent Anime Reviews by ScoobyDoo

comments

Ebhen avatar Ebhen
Mar 19, 2012

Please remove the download links, they are not allowed here on A-P!And while your'e at it, write a review with your take on the series instead of just a synopsis with som random vague comments.