Scarletlovex's avatar

• United Kingdom
  • Joined Oct 12, 2012

Kokuriko-Zaka Kara

Jan 6, 2013

Wow this really must be a special movie to have me chose it to be my frist review. I've been watching anime for over a year but this movie really stands out for me. The story line itself is a little confusing, as in who EXACTLY is Shun?? and the ending is a little disappointing but many answers are supplied leaving only a few questions unanswered.

The animation is as high a standard as all other Studio Ghibli animations, but of course there is always room for improvement but not much or they might turn it into some thing similar to the cartoons that are currently 'the thing' for those who haven't seen the wonders of anime.

can't say anything about sound apart from really good, didn't understand a word as i haven't had a chance to learn Japanese yet but the subtitles were good :)

I love all the characters but there are some who are not well known and although i like the mysterious to have so many characters who you really want to get to know but don't get given the chance to. The characters attitudes are fantastic there aren't any 'villians' its just a movie that can make you smile and feel content. There is simply no other way to put it.... so if you read this and haven't watched Kokuriko-Zaka Kara (from up on poppy hill) then please go do so, i'm not overly good at showing my opinion upon something but trust me you won't regret watching it unless you don't like subs or don't like when a story progresses a little slower than some.

9.9/10 animation