SakuraShimizu

Chocolate Underground

16 DEC
2011

I highly reccomend this anime to everyone! What's great about it is, it's fairly short; so you don't have to take time out your daily life just to watch it. Each episode is about 5 minutes. And for an anime that was so short, it did have a pretty interesting story! The story is pretty much that chocolate has been banned and that there is a group of people trying to change this law; having underground chocolate parties and what-have you. It's a very interesting concept that I have never seen in an anime before! The animation wasn't that bad either. It combined 3-D animation with 2-D animation; having the robots and vehicles in 3-D. The characters are also very easy to love. Two friends (Huntly and Smudger) team up to bring back chocolate for their crush, Louise. That was actually the other problem, their names could have been better. But if you don't let their slightly awkward names bother you, you'll probably easily fall in love with the characters. Besides, Huntly and Smudger are pretty cute if you ask me! And that's kind of the reason why I started to watch it, in all honesty. Mostly because the kid with the weirder name--Smudger--looks an awful lot like Syo Kurusu from 'Uta no Prince-Sama', kinda makes you wonder... Also you may have noticed that I gave the sound a seven, it may have just been me, but the dub track sounded a bit 'meh'; not the acting, rather it was the quality. It probably sounded that way because it's a web series, but my comment still stands. However, the short, yet incredibly catchy ending theme song was what really bumped its score up! Seriously, listen to that song and tell me that it's not catchy! Overall, it's a pretty great series! It's also a good one for people just starting to get into anime. It's short, cute, and not ecchi in the least; pleasing anime fans of all ages! You would be crazy to pass on this series, so check it out!

Other Anime Reviews by SakuraShimizu