Sacred

Myself; Yourself

21 MAY
2011

To start off with, Myself ; Yourself was the best anime I have ever seen. To my opinion, it's seriously underrated.

I liked everything, you get the image they're all one big happy family, no worries, everyone happy (except Nanaka in the beginning, but besides that). But then, everything steers right to a steep fall. I made a small graph of "Epicness" to express it. Height means amount ( can't give it a name, can I? ), width means which episode.

Graph of Epicness
As you can see, the beginning is extremely boring yet unmissable for "multiplying" the "Epicness". It's a shame I can't explain it further, since it's likely I reveal some spoilers.

There were only two downsidse to this series, the fist thing, aoi's voice. Big minus ( as you can see in score ), yet the rest was ok and ending song was fine too. The second thing, the ending. It closes a lot of stuff though a lot remains open. Darn, I hate that.

If you wanted to know what you'll find in here, it's a lot, but I'll try:

Hatred, Betrayal, Twin Incest, Suicide, Malicious plots, Crushes, F*cked up Memories, Trauma, Drama, etc.

If you ever had the feeling you were missing something while you were watching anime, than watch this one. Myself ; Yourself reminds you of how touching and attracting anime can be. Anime on it's best.

To finish it off, if you liked Angel Beats, you must watch this one. A lot of similiar stuff. I cried in this series too, at Angel beats a bit more due to a lot more happy stuff.

Other Anime Reviews by Sacred

Myself; Yourself user review by Sacred

Myself; Yourself

overall score: 9.3/10

• Animation 9.5/10
  • Sound 7.3/10
  • Overall 9.3/10

Recent Anime Reviews by Sacred

comments

sethriell avatar sethriell
Jul 12, 2011

i agree, this anime is the best drama i have ever seen.

and though i never cry when watching dramas i definitly had to cry while watching myself;yourself.

a truely amazing anime and a fitting review.

Maso avatar Maso
May 27, 2011

I agree with you, I put this anime in the first place of my ranking, causing Elfen Lied to go in the second place after many months.

This is totally a great anime!