SANC16's avatar

• County Cork, Ireland
  • Joined May 22, 2012

Wicked City

Apr 11, 2013

Wicked City is terrible. I went into it expecting to like it with its interesting premise but gave up a few minutes in. Little did I know it would get far, far creepier and I'm not one who reacts to horror films much one way or another. It took me years to go back and finish watching it just to mark it as watched and even then half of the time I was doing something else while it was going on. This movie is like a recurring nightmare with the same things happening again; a woman turning out to be a demon (twice), seduction (three times) and rape and attempted rape 5(?) times. The whole idea of the movie was just cast aside in favour of sex and violence, both of which can be handled well but this is not a hentai nor is it a shonen so the amount of both is out of place here and the dissonance between what the premise is and what actually happens makes this movie easily one of the worst of anything I've seen in my life along with a horrendous flashing sequence in the last 10 minutes adding a sore pair of eyes to a sagging heart. With almost every other bad anime I've seen there has been some mitigating factor; Gundam F91 and Bokurano are only slightly bad, Ouran High School Host Club and Ladies X Butlers actually started off pretty well, Welcome To The NHK is pretty fun to watch once, but I can't stress only once enough and so on but all that can be said about Wicked City is the females are hot (though that's the case in nearly every anime) and it isn't Meine Liebe though not being the worst of anything is the bare minmum; not an acheivement. If I were to be punched in the stomach then the knowledge that the person is using their weaker fist wouldn't be the first thing on my mind.