SANC16's avatar

• County Cork, Ireland
  • Joined May 22, 2012

Bokurano

Apr 2, 2013

Bokurano affected me. I don't mean the mood, I can certainly handle depressing anime, what I mean is the quality. Bokurano, like Gundam SEED Destiny, is the sort of anime where I watch it knowing it's bad but not too bad and with its interesting premise there's a good anime just waiting to come out so I keep watching it, waiting patiently for the good anime to emerge. It never does and I give up. With Bokurano however I had made it to the last episode so I finished it off.

Chiaki Ishikawa sings the opening and ending themes quite well plus the characters and animation are tolerable but somehow it's just not fun to watch. In a way Bokurano is unbelievable. With its young pilots operating a huge mech to defend against invaders not of this Earth it's similar to Evangelion which is similar to Space Runaway Ideon with its ending and a teenage boy piloting a huge mech to defend his home against the invaders who up to that point were having little trouble against the international alliance just like Mobile Suit Gundam. In other words Bokurano is a 00's anime which is like a 90's anime which is like an 80's anime which is like a 70's anime. Had I been familiar with Evangelion when I started watching Bokurano obviously I would have given it a miss and watching it at night in December wasn't the best idea either but it's not any more fun in April and unlike the manga the misery in the show is tolerable. Though if I remeber correctly they also left out the whole reason why it was called Bokurano in the first place...