SANC16's avatar

• County Cork, Ireland
  • Joined May 22, 2012

Chaos;HEAd

Apr 2, 2013

While Chaos;Head is my favourite anime so far like with Lain I can see why it isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's dark and confusing* and the main character has drawn huge amounts of flak simply for not being like the majority of people. At least with Takumi Nishijo you know that if he's going to get up to something it will be in his own home and he won't be drunk.

The animation is excellent, even better than Gundam 00 and better than any anime I've seen in this new decade the 2010's, further demonstrating that older is not necessarily inferior as does Legend Of The Galactic Heroes. The voice acting is superb, especially considering that I've only seen it in Japanese so far. I prefer dubs but really a house is a house regardless of what colour you paint it. The opening theme song is performed brilliantly by Kanako Ito just like she did in the videogame. The only gripe I have with this show is the ending theme; the lyrics are sweet, sung pretty well and a nice tension break but are riddled with errors.  If you don't like horror or being confused while watching something then give Chaos;Head a miss but if you don't mind either then go right ahead.

* No matter how many times I watch the show I still can't figure out the whole Yui and her sister thing. Most other things can be explained by the fact that Takumi can make his delusions reality but because he has schizophrenia he can have trouble telling what's real and what isn't meaning he can cause trouble for himself unintentionally.