RustfordJC

Chobits

BASED ON 8 OF 8 VOLUMES READ
3 OCT
2011

Story: The story is about a world which has computers in shape of humans. Here we are introduced to a college student who can't afford to get a persocom and is "Computer Illiterate". One day he finds a persocom on a pile of trash and decides to take it home.

Opinion(s): To give a general view of the whole story, it's about love. Not much I can say about that now can I? Anyhow, the story is about finding love and being accepted regardless of who, or what, you are. It's a Fairy Tale/Happily ever after sort of deals.

Art: Better than anything I could draw free hand.

Characters: There are only two characters that just was dropped into the story and they would be the Government persocoms. They didn't really add much to the story besides, "Who are they?", but eventually my comments changed to, "Eh, really them again.". They do appear a few times and at the climax, and serve some purpose to said climax, but before the end they're just sleeping or the dude gets yelled at.

One character I like, and it's not just because she's named after food, is Plum. Plum is comic relief and does have these moments more often than the rest of the characters. She is useful but she wouldn't be the same without her expressions.

I could go on about Chi's sister, the creator of Chi and the rest of the persocoms, and even the word Chobits, but I'm not one to write spoilers, say them out loud is another issue all together.

Overall: If your looking for a manga with a happy ending, love/romance, or even a children's book, which is in the plot itself, that is deep then read this. Only 88 chapters.

- JC