RoyalOtaku

Darker Than Black - Kuro no Keiyakusha

20 AUG
2013

Darker Than Black a anime about guys with superpowers and being all badass. Well it isn't that simple really these people with these "superpowers" are known as contractors and in order to use it they need to pay a price like for example I can control gravity but after I use my powers I have to sing the ABC's. Sounds Interesting right? Well no, the series has alot of badass action moments which draw you in but when following the story of which has 2 episodes per arc, let you wonder what actually happened in that arc. There are a few good arcs with good story but like I said a few.

The arcs aren't bad but some of the characters do not get enough screen time for you to actually like them alot. When they try to show you more about a character it usually is rushed or it isn't enough.

The animation of this anime is quite well done in my opinion, the dark style helps set the theme for this anime and also the moments where it is gorey they are quite well detailed. There are a few shady animations but it is not that noticeable.

The sound of this series is quite well done too, from badass moments to funny moments it all suits the theme.

The characters of these series are quite interesting from Hei the badass to.......yeah the rest *SPOILER ALERT* get killed.....So thats a major problem with this series half of the characters that you find badass will get killed like that one guy who cuts himself and does awesome explosions.

Overall I would suggest you watch this if you are seeking some over the top action otherwise if you are looking for story I got bad news for you.

Other Anime Reviews by RoyalOtaku