RoyalOtaku's avatar

RoyalOtaku

• Joined Sep 28, 2012

Deadman Wonderland

May 19, 2013

Deadman Wonderland a story revolving around a teenage boy that one day goes to school and his whole school randomly gets attacked by some "Red Man". In the end he was accused and sent to jail for everyones death. The prison however is a special private one known as deadman wonderland.

The story of this anime was one that sucked me in and wanting more, it had alot of moments were it felt depressing but not too depressing. I do feel not much is explained in the anime and they ended the series on "WTF!!!" point(If you want more READ THE MANGA!!!). The fights should of been longer and some characters needed more screen time.

The animation is something I really loved especially the detail of the gore, best I ever seen from arms being cut off and eyes being taken out the detail of it was beautiful. Sadly there weren't enough of these moments. The animation for the fights were well done and fight scenes were interesting to watch.

The sound was superb, they fitted right in where the one guy had to play the punishment game to the fights. I especially loved the opening and ending songs which gave you a bit off a perspective of the lives of the people before and after they were sent to deadman wonderland.

Characters were meh, nothing memorable of them and they all had potential to becoming awesome characters (which they do become IN THE MANGA!) but sadly the anime stopped.....sigh. The main character actually pisses me off a whining little runt learning to survive but you get used to it. (Forgive me I forgot their names) The crow guy looked badass but he didn't have enough screen time sadly :'( actually most of the characters feel badass but as I said before not enough screen time.

Overall rating:If you enjoyed it READ THE MANGA!!!

In all seriousness 6,5 because the characters and the story was lacking a bit

(Score based off anime only)