Renegadefalls's avatar

• Joined Sep 26, 2011
  • ? / ?

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

Oct 8, 2011

This review is based off the Japanese dub.

Story 9/10

The 5D's Story is by far the best of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series. As the characters in this series are older than those in the other Yu-Gi-Oh! titles the series gives a more sinister and darker feel (though playing card games on motorcycles is a far-fetched concept). It's dissapointing that it's the shortest of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Series so far.

Animation 9/10

Animation is really down to personal prefference. Saying that i like it. The animation on the monsters is done well, matching that of the cards well.

Sound 8/10

The music for the themes goes well with the anime itself. The rapid changes of the backround music is also effective being just what it needs to be at each precice moment of the anime even if it occasionaly means the lack of anything other than sound effects.

Characters 9.5

Some of my favourite anime characters come from 5D's. Each with their own problems and personal history. I would likely have given a perfect 10 had it not been for Crow Hogan my personal favourite character first appearing in series 2, and that Yusei has the amasing ability to befriend anyone after defeating them once.

Overall 9/10

One of my personal favourite animes and it gets a deserving 9/10.

9.5/10 characters