Rebkkah's avatar

• Joined Nov 16, 2012
  • 28 / ?

Absolute Boyfriend

May 21, 2013

So... I laughed, I cried, I read until stupid o'clock on a work night. Thumbs up for this manga.

It's not for everyone, but I definately enjoyed this manga very much. Absolute Boyfriend was funny, sweet, sexy and sad. Despite the absurdity his origins, it's impossible not to get sucked into the roller coaster journey of Night as he searches for a way to become more human and win over the girl he loves. And even though Night definately won me over, I found myself cheering for both of the male leads without any clear preference. This made the story all the more interesting in that I couldn't predict a satisfactory ending, which of course made me want to know how it ended IMMEDIATELY (hence the stupid o'clock incident). Overall, I was satisfied with the storyline from start to finish.

However, in regards to the characters, I was a bit disappointed in the female lead. Given the calibre of the males used, I would have preferred someone a bit more admirable. But that's just my opinion.

I would definately recommend Absolute Boyfriend to anyone who enjoys a good romantic comedy.