RamkoX12X's avatar

RamkoX12X

• Academy City
  • Joined Apr 6, 2013

(Synopsis) "If I don't have to do it, I don't. If I do, make it quick." These are the words that carry the life of Houtarou Oreki, a lazy intelletual teenage boy, who starts High School hoping to live life the way he likes it. However, his elder sister convinces him to join the Classics Club to keep it from getting abolished. Oreki joins the club in-volutarily and his life is turned upside down. There he meets Eru Chitanda, a curious teenage girl, who drags Oreki into mysteries that only he can solve, but doesn't want to do them (Even though he has too). They are both joined by Fukube Satoshi, Oreki's friend, and Mayaka Ibara and together they live life together and solve everyday life mysteries together as club.

(Review) Hyou-ka is a mystery/school life anime that has great animation, a planted story, and great characters, each with a different personality. Animation is great along with sound that fits the tone of the scenes that are being displayed. The characters have similar interests but different personalities which fit well with the show. The way that mysteries are unfolded, are well thought out and actually make sense when they are answered.

(Final Thoughts) Hyou-ka is a must-see for mystery lovers. It's school life style and how the characters can be somewhat relatable to other animes, give this anime a boost in the amount of viwers it receives. Overall, Hyou-ka is an interesting and refreshing anime to watch when you in the mood for some mind-bobbling mysteries and a slice of another school club. I give Hyou-ka a 9.2 out of 10.

~RamkoX12X