My name is Rafaël De Jongh, I am 20 years old and I am a 2D & 3D artist.
I've been doing game modification for a good seven years now and I'm specialized in Texturing.
Besides game modification I also enjoy making websites with HTML5, CSS3, PHP and MySQL.
My goal in life is to become a Web Developer and keep game modification as my hobby.
These days I mostly spend my time on a known modding community called Gamebanana.
There I have my own Studio called Apocalyptic Studios where we practise in various contests
to test our own skills and to produce quality content for the Gamebanana community.
I am currently searching for a job in the Web Developing sector but would not mind a freelancing job in the Game Modding sector.
More information about myself can be found on: www.rafaeldejongh.com
Besides Game Modification I also love to watch Anime! I'm fairly new to anime as I've only started watching in 2012, although until now I've seen a range of different anime that I know what I love and how I rate my anime!
My all time favorite anime: Gosick
My Top 10 Characters:
1. Victorique de Blois - Gosick
2. Hatsune Miku - Downloader
3. Touwa Erio - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
4. Hachikuji Mayoi - Bakemonogatari
5. Taiga Aisaka - Toradora!
6. Mirai Kuriyama - Kyoukai no Kanata
7. Dalian - Dantalian no Shoka
8. Konata Izumi - Lucky☆Star
9. Tachikoma - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
10. Hajime Ichinose - Gatchaman Crowds
My Top 10 Favorite TV Series - July 2014:
My First Anime: Toradora! (Considering this is the anime that made me start watching anime!)
My 100th Anime entry: Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
My 200th Anime entry: Ga-Rei: Zero
My 300th Anime entry: Kanokon
My 400th Anime entry: Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
My 500th Anime entry: Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
My 600th Anime entry: Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi
My 700th Anime entry: Redial
My 800th Anime entry: Candy☆Boy
My 900th Anime entry: Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen
My 1000th Anime entry: Dragon Ball Z Movie 12: Fukkatsu no Fusion!! Goku to Vegeta
My 1500th Anime entry: Bakuman. 2
My 2000th Anime entry: Miss Monochrome
My 2500th Anime entry: Kill la Kill Special
My favorite anime genres are:
- Detective/Case Solving
- Science Fiction
- Comedy/Random Humor
- Slice of Life
For those who'd like some general Recommendations (01/08/2014): http://pastebin.com/ihsUs3ns
I made my own set of rules when watching anime:
- To not drop any anime at all, even if it's horrible!
- Try to watch every special, ova or other related title from the main show to properly finish the franchise!
- Try to comment on every episode and give a review if it's really worth it!
- To give a proper recommendation to anime that are actually alike.
I also have a specific rating system that measures the anime on the following points:
1. Story Development - How well does the story develop from the beginning to the end?
2. Character Development - How well do the character develop within the story?
3. Episodic Pacing - Is the episode pacing decent? Does it keep the viewers attention?
4. Story Pacing - Does the pacing of the story follow up with the development of the characters?
5. Art - Is the Art decent compared with other series created from the same year?
6. Animation - Is the animation properly executed and does it combine properly with the art?
7. Audio - How well is the voice cast, the soundtrack and audio effects (OST)?
7.1 English Dubs - Does the English voice cast capture the atmosphere of the anime correctly like the Japanese cast does or is it even better than the Japanese cast?
8. Personal Experience - How did I experience it? Was the theme properly expressed to the viewer (me)?
Each anime serie that I start gets an average rating of 5/10 where I evaluate per episode if it actually gets better or not following these 8 guidelines.
A score below 5/10 means it is drop worthy for me, but as it conflicts with one of my own set rules "To not drop anything" I therefore tend to speed up the anime or cross watch the anime with another series.