RabidMonk's avatar

• Joined Mar 2, 2009
  • 37 / ?

Eve no Jikan

Oct 2, 2010

Every once in a while you find a gem among all those stones that just shines so much brighter. Eve no Jikan is such a work, and I'm SO happy I watched it. This show offers a lot more than you'd expect, and I would suggest repeated viewings to dig out all the little bits.

Positives: You can't help but notice right off that the art is fantastic, but more importantly, the characters are really well done. Each has a fantastic backstory which only helps draw you in. You'll find yourself wishing to know more about them all, and not for just the story based reasons (that will make more sense when you watch it).

There's some philosohpical depth here as well, which is a turn off to some, but can really be whatever you want it to be. You can ignore it all, and just enjoy the story on a less deep level, or really dig in and muse about what this is all really about. Personally I did a bit of both and enjoyed both aspects.

Eve no Jikan is short, and you can watch it either as the separate episodes or as the combined movie with a few extra minutes of footage. I'll let you decide which was is better, but I like the movie format. Either way though, once it ended I was sorely disappointed. I hate when shows of this quality end. I sincerely hope we're going to see a part two coming out sometime soon...

Negatives: Not long enough? Seriously, the show is really well done. There aren't any boring parts, and even though it's more or less without action you'll likely find yourself very involved.

This is one anime I will be proud to display on my shelves. There aren't a lot of things that get that sort of premium exposure, but Eve no Jikan is just that good.