Quelano's avatar

• Joined Dec 10, 2008
  • 44 / ?

FLCL

Feb 5, 2010

There really isn't a very proper way for me to put down in words how beautiful I think FLCL is... Depending on the viewer, all you'll see is

A) Originality and perfection in animated artwork, fantastic music, surreal plotline

B) Inescapably chaotic random humor

C) A complex story that provokes one to dive into and search for their own theories

D) The strangest and fastest slice of life anime you'll ever find

E) BADASS GUITAR WIELDING PIRATE CHICKS FROM OUTER SPACE

Or you might be like me, where you find all of those things enjoyable, but there's still an even deeper level of appreciation...You see, to me FLCL is a coming of age story, what with all of the new found mystery and amazement in life; Being aware of things you never were aware of before, and having everything happening at 5 gazillion miles an hour. I'm not stupid enough to ignore how utterly bizarre FLCL is, but at the same time, there is a strong sense of familiarity of every event that takes place. It all feels like it's happened before.

Maybe I'm nuts.

I definitely think you should watch it, though... As long as you don't get offended easily by sexual content (which it doesn't really even have very much of)

Sorry for not writing this review very well. It's 4:26 in the morning, and I'm tired.

9.5/10 story