PsychoAce's avatar

• Joined Sep 20, 2011
  • ? / M

Sengoku Basara

Jun 21, 2012

OK one thing before I start this review...I am a huge fan of the original Sengoku Basara game story.

Ah Sengoku Basara.....I love you...not the anime though....They completely..destroyed the story. I mean making Masamune and Yukimura the main characters...fine by me...but....THEY HAVE LIKE 99% OF THE SCREENTIME. They are not THAT important. I mean characters like Motochika and Motonari don't even get 5% of the screentime until the OVA.

Ok so going to the story...It is about the Sengoku period in japan...only like a million times more...wierd and kinda awesome. We have our 2 main characters.....*sigh* Date Masamune (the so called "One eyed dragon of Oshuu") and Sanada Genjiro Yukimura ("The young tiger of Kai"). One is a overconfident, english speaking, "american bad boy" wannabe and the other is a strange....little...thing guy who always talks about his burning soul...All shits aside though I actually like the two, Masamune's engrish is kinda funny and Yukimura's moron personality is kinda adorable. So...the first Season of this anime is really kinda boring in the beginning. I know we have the whole Nobunaga being awesome and the giant evil bad guy thingie going on but he...never really does much until the last episode. I mean you always see him in his chair drinking sake from skulls and just looking awesome...They seriously nerfed the story for the anime. Soooo many things were left out. One of my most favorite characters, Oichi, was....just....meeeeh in the anime. I know in the games she cries alot too and all...but in the anime she never does ANYTHING. I mean in the games she was still kinda creepy and actually pretty strong but....wow is she anything but in the anime. So yeah...masamune and yukimura are put in like every role from every storypath from the games. They are the ones who do like everything...which really pisses me of as a fan if you haven't already noticed.....they can fly too btw....never noticed?....BTW they don't fly in the games or anything....idk why they would put something like this in the anime but...it kinda works actually. The fight scenes are over the top and that's what makes them actually pretty good. Those whole other things in between though....kinda boring. Do not let this scare you away however....because trust me the second season is much better....so I'm not going to cover anymore of this...I'm just gonna say the first season is...OK..it's not great or bad it's just "ok". So it gets a 6.5/10

-Metaknight2395/PsychoAce