My hottest/most awesome manga guys top 10:
My favourite anime top 5:
1. Kaichou wa Maid-Sama! - Of course! How could it have been something else? I absolutely love this show and I really wish they'd make a season 2 of it. I don't laugh that fast about an anime or show, but this show.. every episode made me crack up! The story is nothing special but the characters are just great, they are all idiots! But Usui is what it makes so great. His funny comments.. his charm and the fact that he is a perverted alien from the planet Pheromones. And then the romance.. I love the tension between Usui and Misaki and sometimes I just wish I was Misaki. There are just so many heart racing moments in this anime.. I just love it! <3
2. Death Note - I really, really love psychological anime. This anime was great, I loved it from the very beginning. The fact that you don't know what's wrong and right anymore is just brilliant. I really didn't know whose side I had to choose at the beginning. Light decreased the crimes in the country, but L thought that he still was a killer and that he had to be brought to justice. I still don't know whose side I'd choose. And then.. Light lost it, the anime just got better and better, because madness is something I also love. I loved both Light and L and although the story wasn't as good as it was at the beginning, I still think it was epic.
3. Attack on Titan - This anime is freaking awesome. Badass fighting scenes? Check. Badass characters? Check. Amazing plot? Check. Cliffhanger after each episode? Check. This anime has got it all. Every episode was fantastic. I was constantly trying to figure out what was going on and how it became like that. The anime has a lot of twists, which keep the anime fresh and unexpected. Never was I once bored. It's like the anime version of Game of Thrones, everyone can die, anytime, and everyone can change as well. Things are never what they seem to be, and that's something I love. The fear is real, and that is what makes this anime human and realistic. You'll really feel for the characters at some point. And that's what makes it different from your typical action anime. If you love action, twists and an amazing plot:WATCH IT!
4. Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion (R1 & R2) - Although I don't like mecha, I really loved Code Geass. It's because of the story of a man who obtains the power to change the world. I really love those kind of stories. What do you need for an anime to be epic? Just put in it some psychology, utopia and make it into some sort of chess game. Every episode ended with a cliffhanger and I just couldn't stop watching, it was just so genious! And then the ending... it was perfect! If only there were more anime like this..
5. Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai - I love horror and when I started watching Higurashi I loved the gore and people going crazy. I thought the anime itself wasn't so special, I also didn't get it. People died and then suddenly lived again? But then I watched season 2 and I loved it. Everything made sense! And then you began hoping for a change, hoping for a happy ending.. I really felt sorry for the characters. It's the best horror anime I have ever seen!
My favourite manga top 5:
1. Watashi ni xx Shinasai! - First place since I loved the story from the very first page. A girl blackmailing the most popular guy in school! That girl is my example! Watashi ni xx Shinasai has a lot of heart racing moments and it also goes further on some things. Every chapter is a mission the guy Shigure has to do or else the girl, Yukina, will expose his secret. The missions begin simple like holding hands, but go further along the way. Every chapter has a cliffhanger and the story is just so good.. There are a lot of hot scenes in it! I really recommend it!
2. L-DK - I read two chapters and I was already rolling on the floor laughing. The guy is brilliant. The story is about the most popular guy in school who's not interested in any girl. But then he appears to be the neighbor of the girl who isn't really interested in him. Eventually he ends up living in her apartment while his apartment is being repaired. This guy pulls of some hilarious stunts. Halfway through the series the humour stops and the story becomes more serious but eventually we're back to the good old times which involve a lot of comedy. This shoujo is a must-read.
3. Inochi - It's a beautiful and twisted manga about loss. The identical twins Nobara and Kotori switch places constantly ever since the day their father died. Their mother put the blame on Nobara and she stopped living with her family. But by switching places she still gets to see her mother once in a while. But during a switch Kotori gets murdered. Tormented with guilt, Nobara decides to live the rest of her life as Kotori, in order to protect her mother. It's such a sad story with a lot of drama. I've never felt the pain that well. The most horrible things happen to these characters and you feel as powerless as they feel. A beautiful manga that I highly recommend!
4. Aoharaido - A guy and a girl who like each other. They decide to meet up after school, but then the guy hears her say that she doesn't really like guys. When she comes to the meeting place, he doesn't show up. Years later she meets him again, this time at high school. but he isn't the same as before. He isn't that sweet guy she fell in love with, now he's cold and distant. Slowly she finds out how he became like that.. Beautiful artwork and a great story. It can be pretty dramatic sometimes, but the beautiful moments of love make up for it.
5. Orange - What if you could undo the mistakes you've made in the past and save your friends life? That's what this story is all about. It is a shoujo with a very strong plot. Naho receives letters from her future self, in which she explains that she had made some mistakes which she will always regret. She asks the Naho from the present to erase these mistakes. When she regards it as a joke in the beginning and doesn't follow the instruction her future self gives her, she sees the consequence of her action. From that point on she will try to follow every instruction of her future self, to prevent a tragedy from happening. The idea of this captivated me from the start. How one simple action, can change your whole life has always been in my mind. That's the main reason I love this anime. It follows a great and unique story with a little hint of romance. Too bad the manga hasn't updated for a while now, because this is truly a magnificent manga!