ProjectBlackRai

Binbougami ga!

14 JUL
2012

Howdy, folks.

For those of you that actually take the time to read my little reviews here and there, thank you. That being said, this time I review Binbougami ga!. This review is based on only seeing two episodes. However, much like with the horrid AKB0048, I felt the need to spread the love for this particular new series. Only with AKB0048, it was more like spread the loathing.

The story here seems to be something that can develop well. This series is obviously a comedy with some minor dramatic elements. That being said, it's effing hilarious. The dischord between the two main characters right off the bat and the hijinks (Yeah, that's right. I said hijinks. So, what? You wanna fight about it?) that result in it give good laughs all around. Also, the repeated references to other animes are actually amusing.

Animation is all right. I might have wanted to see a bit more depth and not something that looks like it came out of a "box," so to speak. Still, that being said, for the type of anime this seems to be, it's good enough.

I'm not really sure where to begin here since the music is pretty generic. The OP/ED is pretty simple, nothing noteworthy, but there is room for something to come along and surprise us.

This anime is going to center around its character development. I feel it. I used the Force and felt inside it and tickled its navel from the inside. ... Yeah, I know. Anyway, even in the first two episodes, you start to see something shift. I think the charatcer development is going to carry the anime, for the most part, and everything else will just hold it all together.

Overall

As usual, my score is based on adding the subscores together and then dividing by the number of subscores. In otherwords, it's an actual average. Final thoughts are this: Watch it. It's a good view and you can get a few cheap laughs. I will update as I get more information.

Other Anime Reviews by ProjectBlackRai