ProjectBlackRai's avatar

• Rockland County, NY, USA
  • Joined Nov 3, 2010

Hidan no Aria

Nov 5, 2011

I'm always amused when I stumble across an anime by accident and it happens to be quite good. This was most certainly the case when I found Hidan no Aria. It has a little mix of everythig from across almost all genres. There's comedy, action, adventure, romace, a budding harem, etc. What made this one interesting is that it seemed to incorporate history's most famous, and notorious, characters and gave them a common path. I would rather not give anything away here but it's definitely worth watching. I'm not one of those people who will rant and rave in a long litany of pros/cons. It's something you have to see for yourself.

Looking at past reviews, they all contain a bit of bias, some more than others. My rating is based on the fact that I enjoy the mix of genres that are depicted here. If you're someone who doesn't enjoy this conglomeration of subjects, then I wouldn't watch it. That is all I have to say on the sbject.

As always, my overall score is an average of all sub-scores for each catagory.

Story - 8/10

The story was definitely well thought out. Plot, events, and sequences are all lines up quite nicely and flow together as they should. I would have liked to see more background story on the main characters but that's not a big deal. I believe this will be resolved should there be a second season.

Animation - 8/10

The series was well animated, though all the females have those realy big eyes. Again, that's not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things since the rest of the elements were done quite well. This kind of quality is par for the course for J.C. Staff work.

Sound - 8/10

There isn't much to say here. The sound fit the events and was well done. The OP/ED seemed to fit the nature of the series. I would have liked to have seen a little more dynamic music but that's just personal opinion.

Characters - 8/10

The characters were certainly unique. Their personalities fit their roles and their interactions were appropriate for the same. As for development, they seemed to not change too much overall but they did evolve over time from when you first meet them in episode 1. Part of the reason for this, I believe, is that this was done intentionally.

Overall - 8/10

This was a great seried overall. I have already given my feelings on it at the beginning but I would like to say this: There better be a second season or it's going to rain blood over J.C. Staff. >.<

Doomoo says...

if you want to know what happens after the anime check out the manga. the story continues there. The manga is still being released as of now.

Apr 14, 2012