PoisonBite

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

3 AUG
2012

Using specialized mechas, the Britanian Empire enslaved Japan in 2010. They gave Japan the new name, Area 11, and treated the people living there with cruelity. A britanian student, Lelouch grew up in Area 11 and has despised the Empire and what they have done to the once called, Japanese, order and way of life. Lelouch later meets a girl who gives him a gift to alter and control humans minds. the gift, or power, is called Geass and may give Lelouch a chance to fight for freedom.

Lelouch: a Britanian student that finds himself a powerful gift of geass and a heart striving for revenge.

Suzaku: an 11, or japanese, teenager that joins the Britanian military. Old childhood friend of Lelouch.

Nunnally: Lelouch's younger sister that is blind and crippled. Lelouch's reason for beginning the rebellion against Britania.

C.C.: a mysterious girl that gives Lelouch a geass power. Cannot die from human swords or guns. has an obsession with pizza.

Animation:

I felt that the lighting throughout the anime absolutely matched the different moods and settings.  For example, when a war broke out of there was a sad tone, the lighting became darker and more gloomy. Definatly made the anime feel more dramatic and mysterious.

Overall:

I must give chodos to the creator for making this anime. I thought the storyline was smoothly put together and had a very unexpected ending I must say. Overall, absolutly loved the anime. I hightly recomment it. Zero (Lelouch)

Other Anime Reviews by PoisonBite