PoeticHorrorShow5287's avatar

• Joined Oct 30, 2013
  • ? / F

Fullmetal Alchemist

Oct 31, 2013

Before I read the manga, and before I watched FMAB, I watched this. When I finished this series, I thought about NOT watching Brotherhood. Honestly nothing could top this one for me after so I almost didn't give anything else a try. At 54 episodes, this one was the longest anime I'd seen yet. Yes, there were some filler eps in the middle that weren't really moving the story along, but the overall arc was so strong, nothing mattered but what was going to happen to Ed and Al. I loved every character in this. All of the Homunculi were evil in their own way (Lust being my fav in this a particular series) and i lovedddd Mustang (duh) and Hughes among others. I will delve into more of the pros and cons between the two versions in my brotherhood review, but I'll leave you with this...

Though it isn't, in my opinion at least, anywhere near as great as Brotherhood (what is?), it was my absolute favorite before FMAB and I'm glad to have watched it prior if only for the character development in the first half...that gets rushed in B and I'm happy I got to know the characters before hand so some scenes had a bigger impact their second go round.

P.S. I LOVE me some Romi Park, but Vic and the English voice cast owned the fuck out of the dub. Just sayin.

9.5/10 wonderful.