PoeticHorrorShow5287's avatar

• Joined Oct 30, 2013
  • ? / F

Elfen Lied

My first anime series ever (Other than Pokemon). I've seen a few movies, but this was my first television piece...and it was an absolutely gorgeous piece of art. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I haven't read the manga yet, but the show is lovely. I was emotionally invested in the characters and loved how the plot unfolded over these 13 episodes. Yes, the story was slightly repetitive towards the end and there was a little confusion here and there, but the arc was so well thought out and strong that these small critiques didn't matter. I thought the violence was awesome and added to the overall story. Sadly, I watched it in English(Netflix) dubbed and it wasnt great, so I need to make another round with the subs. Overall, beautiful as I said, and I adored the tragically moving ending. This is probably the saddest (TV anime) I've seen yet so bravo for giving me a bit of a cry.

kaelja says...

Nice you actually like the story :P

Like I tell everyone who liked the story: Read the manga~! It's a much better story there imo and it has a real ending!

Mar 18, 2015