PinkFlowers82's avatar

• Right Behind You. . . Poke* Poke*
  • Joined Apr 16, 2011

Grave of the Fireflies

Apr 22, 2011

I do not often say that a movie or show is a must watch, but, I strongly believe that this film should be shown to every human, in every spoken language.

We as a society have glamorized war.  War is not beautiful. . . War is downright ugly and sad. People who have not experienced war themselves, or are not close to someone who has, may not really have a true grasp on the horrors and devastation it can bring. This film takes off all of the glamor and shows you the ugly truth. . . and by doing so it becomes a timeless work of art.

If you really think about it, for or the most part we only hear about war from the perspective of adults and not those of children. This film does an outstanding job of telling us the story from a child's perspective on how they fought with everything they had just to stay alive. Amidst all of the turmoil you see what true love  and sacrifice looks like. . . What really killed me while watching this was the fact that there are real children like the protagonist fighting every single day for survival.

Prepare yourself to cry and to brood over the images you see for awhile if not forever. . .

Put yourself in the shoes of the protagonist. . . With everything that is going on in the world today this shoe is a "One Size Fits All"

goodycandy741 says...

i definitely agree. The true victims of war are the ones who didn't want to be involved with it from the start...  T_T imma watch this movie again!

Have you seen the live action? That made me cry more than the animated movie. Im gonna watch that again too!

Jul 5, 2011