Wow, has it been five years? I have not logged in for a while so I suppose I should update a few things. I recently started working full time, so while I do still sell AVON on the side I can finally claim to be part of the hard-working class.It is one of the steps I took after my divorce to become normal again. It was a badly needed breakup, as he'd gotten to be abusive. But I am moving forward.
I also RP when I get the chance. Mostly with some friends of mine, or online in a few rooms I like to haunt. It keeps me creative, and feeds another hobby of mine, which is graphics editing. I love playing around with pictures in CS. Just kinda relaxing, though I don't get to do it as much since I started working. :(
I don't really have as much time for things as I would like. I have to divide my day up among so many things. Work, house cleaning, babysitting my niece once in a while. The illusive sleep.
I'm going to try to reset my anime watching stuff. After the divorce I kind of had to juggle priorities, so I don't even know where anything is that I was watching. The new boyfriend and I will be trying to get ahold of some new things to watch.
Currently Watching with Family/Friends:
Currently Watching not in A-P database:
Top 10 Anime, in no particular order:
- Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
- Pumpkin Scissors
- Slayers (all of them)
- Photon: The Idiot Adventures
- Coyote Ragtime Show
- Record of Lodoss Wars OVA
- Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Poirot and Marple
- Hi No Tori
- Detective Academy Q
0 stars: Will indicate anime I have not seen enough of to rate with confidence
1/2 star to 2 1/2 stars: Will indicate anime that I didn't really enjoy, for whatever reason. More than likely, I'll never watch it a second time.
3 stars: will indicate the middle of the road (yes, half of 5 is 2.5, but I'm going with 3) This is average anime, something that I didn't dislike, but that didn't excite me either.
3 1/2 to 4 stars: Will indicate Anime that was better than average. I liked it enough to recommend it to friends.
4 1/2 to 5 stars: Will indicate anime that I thought was really good, for whatever reasons. This is the stuff I'll recommend to friends and strangers.
What Deterimes My Rating:
I'm not saying my ratings are the best. I'm not saying that I'm the best person to rate things. I really don't care if people look at the rating I give anime. But if you do, you should probably understand how I rate things, so you can better understand what those stars mean. This is just an FYI.
- Animation style. It's low on the list of things I rate based off of, but if the animation style is one I like or dislike, it will more than likely color the rating.
- Characters. This includes not just the type of characters, but character developement as well. If the characters are lifeless, or they never grow during the anime.. or if they are vibrant, and they evolve (not like pokemon) during the story... All this is considered in my rating
- Storyline. Includes progression and devolpment of the storyline, as well as how well it flows and stuff. Poor storylines, storylines that are confusing to follow, have no direction, or jump around too much will probably lower the rating. Good storylines, ones with clear direction, that are easier to follow, and that fit (I'd say easy to believe, but with fantasy ans sci-fi storyline, fits seems a better choice of words)
- Conclusion. I really -hate- when something just ends, and I'm left going "what the? What happened? Nothing got solved!" This will lower my rating faster than anything else. I end up feeling cheated. It's like giving me half a book and saying "that's all you get". If the anime ends with me feeling like it wrapped up nicely, it probably won't affect my overall rating much, or if anything, only slightly. However, if it just cuts out and drops off,it will more than likely knock a full star from the rating.
Reading My Anime List:
Watched: Finished everything listed for that series
Watching: Currently in my view list. If episodes are listed, then the episode shown is the last full episode I finished.
Want To Watch: Um... yeah, the stuff I want to watch, but haven't gotten around to yet.
Stalled: This includes anime I have currently lost interest in, anime I don't have any more for, or anime that there are currently no more episodes available for.
Dropped: I will never, if I can help it, use this. I will suffer through a series in the hopes it will get better. If it becomes to painful.. then I will move it here. These will be the things I started, but will never go back to.
Won't Watch: I'm probably not going to use this. I've learned that there's some things I thought I would never watch, because I didn't like"that kind of anime" and it turned out, I did. And if I start it and hate it, then it has to go into Dropped instead. So this will more than likely, never get used.