PhdInCartoons's avatar

• Joined Feb 12, 2013
  • 27

Princess Mononoke

Good, more mature than most of the other Ghibli works. There are familiar themes but it is slightly more hard edged than previous offerings.

Very good, fluid. The animation is excellent. It is hard to properly appreciate when it is what we have come to expect. I would say that you can notice a difference from the older releases, more of a smoothness.

There is a strong vocal performance and the music is excellent.  The music serves to heighten every emotion that the viewer is lead through by the story. It adds a lot to the overall production.

All the characters have a human element to them. No one person is bad for badness sake. The main opponents to peace are shown to have sides which are truly likeable. Everyone has a purpose. This is to be admired. and the time spent on creating each one is worth noting.

Excellent, perhaps not for the standard Ghibli audience. There is a little more violence than normal perhaps but I think every fan of anime should watch this, if not every fan of film

8.5/10 sound