PhdInCartoons's avatar

• Joined Feb 12, 2013
  • 25 / ?

07-Ghost

Mar 5, 2013

The story in this anime starts of quite well. It does just about enough to keep you intrigued and then ruins it. It turns into a story line which is vey similar to many others, someone trying to get stronger to protect his friends. This would be O.K. to live with if the rest of the anime was good, but sadly it isn't.

The animation is O.K. some parts are nicely done. Its looks good and all the characters are designed and drawn very well. The fight scenes and the zaiphon attacks are the let down here. They are nowhere near as smooth as they should be.

The voicing in this anime is pretty mediocre. Some good performances are balanced with some annoying ones, which drags the score down. The music is O.K. There is a lot of use of chanting type songs which, although good, do get a bit boring after a while

Perhaps the worst thing about this anime. They all seem to be a mix match of characters from many other series all thrown together. You could live with this if they were interesting characters, but they are not. There is also not really a development of character that makes sense.

Overall

I really did not enjoy this anime, I only watched it because I could get it on my phone and had a few hours in the day to kill. If you enjoy superficial characters then this is the one for you

5.5/10 sound