PhdInCartoons's avatar

• Joined Feb 12, 2013
  • 25 / ?

Bleach

Mar 5, 2013

The storyline of this anime is actually very good, when you disregard the filler. I watched the episodes sequentially and the jump to the filler episodes ruins the tone and tension being built up. Probably the best way to watch Bleach would be the main story all together and the filler afterward. Some of the filler is pretty good, just weirdly placed

The animation at the start is good. Each character has been very well designede and the battle scenes are handled well. About 120 episodes in, in one particular fight scene the animation budget seems to have been dramatically increased. From then one it is excellent.

I watched the dubbed episodes as far as they had been aired then the subbed episodes after. The vocal displays in both are excellent. I would not recommend one over the other, just whatever your preference is.

The characters are excellent. There is a lot of different characters who all are individuals in their own right. The shows length means that most, if not all the side characters get a bit of fleshing out and background provided. The one downside, character-wise, is that there isn't a while pile of development. Some characters are excatly the same at the end as at the start.

Overall

I would definitely recommend watching this. It is very good. You should start watching it knowing about the filler and knowing what you are going to do about it.