PhdInCartoons's avatar

• Joined Feb 12, 2013
  • 25 / ?

Heroman

Feb 28, 2013

Nice, predictable in places but there are some very nice touches. Considering how much Stan Lee has done it's only fair that he borrows from. Heroman is a safe adventure into anime.

Very clean and crisp. Heroman is animated extremely well. There is good attention to detail and the animation is very smooth.

The music is average. The voices on the other hand are good, but the main characters voice is very very annoying. I watched the subbed version of this anime, which is uncommon for me but the voice actor playing Joey reinforced why I watch dubbed anime. The woman doing his voice threw me completely at the start, and by the end after all the 'Heroman Engage' it was driving me up the wall.

These are done really well and you will grow to really like some. A little more could have been done here though. The anti-hero element was not really explored to its fullest. The characters are good for what it is, a childrens cartoon.

Overall

Good – a nice Stan Lee creation. It has the feel of a cartoon not an anime, if that makes sense. A little on the safe, boring side