PhdInCartoons's avatar

• Joined Feb 12, 2013
  • 25 / ?

Rurouni Kenshin

Feb 28, 2013

Moments of brilliance lost in filler. It is very well written and I particularly enjoy how quite a lot of the bad guys are doing things for good reasons. Alos enjoyable is the main characters quest to get more human and less like a killing machine, which is a fresh take on the genre.

Occasionally awesome, mostly quite poor. The inconsistency is what it is being marked down for. Some of the action sequences are very well done and the characters look well. This is what makes the inconsistencies stand out all the more, thehigh level that you have come to expect.

The credits are quite bad, but the music used to set the tone is good. For me, the mark of a good opening or closing sequence is if I actually listento it. This never happened watching this series and at no point was I tempted to either. The American dub is very bad. Kenshin's repetitive mannerisms do absolutely nothing tpo the english listener and just make him very annoying.

Not much development is seen but there are some interesting characters to keep you engaged. Throughout the show there are some pretty dramatic snahges of heart on display, no just Kenshins flicking between opposing factions of his psyche. This makes some of the characters a little confusing

Overall

A very nice anime that is spoilt. Still a must see for all fans of samurai anime and most fans of any anime.

5.5/10 sound