Peyton's avatar

• Roswell , Georgia
  • Joined Aug 3, 2011

Himawari!

Feb 13, 2013

Story: Not very good. I did not watch all the episodes but I have friends who did they tell me it did not get much better than what I saw. The story of Himawari has very good potential (and though i try to avoid saying that most of the time this time it is warranted). The  problem was the show took the wrong direction with what it had, They went for a light comedy and though i love that genre if they had added some drama to the seires it would have been drasticly improved as it stands now it seems like a parody of Naruto, even though I like the idea of a parody of naruto this show took itself to seriusly to be parodic.

Animation: I have said it before and I'll say it again I am not an animator so i dont feel i should judge this aspect to harshly. What i did notice was that it was rather jumpy the characters motions had no real flow it was like one minute this pose the next that pose, it took away from my engagement in the show also the backrounds and secne transitions were really stotic and jaring, you could tell when the backround changed because it was all of a sudden a completly diffrent even if the charectors themselves made no move to change where they were.(once again these are my thoughts as some who knows very little about animation).

Sound: The music went unnoticed by me what i did notice was the voices and the effects. The voices were not very pleasant they did not seem to fit the characters very well in my opinion, the effects were clunky and some even off in timing. I really did not enjoy the audio.

Characters: The characters were very intersting in thier design but very poorly represented I already metioned the voices now I'll talk about thier actions. They were all cliched but had one or two orignal qualitys about them, and thats what made them intersting in design, but they had the same gag every episode for each character and those becames so annoying but the persisted to do them anyway. I dont want to go into to much detail on each character cause that would take to long but here is the short version:

Himawari Hinata: Main girl, Very clumsy but kind hearted. gag: is that she always misenterprits what she hears and is always the only one out of the loop about everything.

Hayato Marikoji: Main guy, teacher, cares very much for his students. gag: is that he is poor and constantly hungry he will do anything for food literaly he is kept out of the loop more so than Hinata.( He and Hinata are soposed to have a romantic relationship but this is not so its more of a student has crush on well-meaing teacher relationship )

Azami: Cross dresser He is a boy pretending to be a girl to gather info on the all girls school for the all boys school. gag: everyone knows he is a boy except Hinata and Hayato and even they find out he knows they know his info is offten useless but sometimes it is not.

Shikimi: She is this seires Nagato(haruhi character) in apprence and personality. gag: is that she is stotic and indfrent to most everything accept her boyfriend whom she denies

Yasura: the anchor that drags this show down into the abyss of mediocrity

Himeji: Weapon obssesed american/japanese halfling. Gag: she has weapons on her person at all times and loves to use them when they are not needed

Tsukiyohime:her existance is a gag she is always drinking miso soup in times of crisis she very raly appears.

Nanafushi: Shikimi's boyfriend

Overall: This anime is not very good from most standpoints but it is not unenjoyable I personaly could not get past the flaws but if you can it will make you smile. I did enjoy somethings i saw but these moments were to few to hold my interest. The humor is very low brow but if you enjoy fart jokes and repition this is for you. If i had been younger when i watched this i would have really enjoyed it i recomed this anime for kids 8-13.

3.7/10 overall