Pemi84's avatar

• Prague
  • Joined Nov 11, 2009

Blue Exorcist

Jun 5, 2011

Okay! I new this anime is totally new, at least when I'm writing this it is, but I had to write a review.

STORY

The story revolves around japanese teenager named Okumura Rin. Rin just finished Middle School and doesn't really want to study anymore, so he tries to find a job. However, he is natural troublemaker. Although he was raised in a church together with his younger twin brother Yukio, who is more reliable and more grown-up than Rin. But one evening, sort of unbelievable things happen to Rin and he learns the painful truth about himself in painful way. The demons does exist. And he has some issue with them. I can't really say more, no spoilers XD XD The story is kind of original, but not in everything. I like the way it's all connected.

If you have seen, it kinda resembles Soul Eater.

ANIMATION

Ao no exorcist is a new anime, so it has pretty nice and smooth animation with great colors. I had read manga before, so I was surprised with some colors, since the manga doesn't have them. I really like it,though I have seen better. But for a shounen, and for Blue exorcist is this kind of animation great.

group

SOUND

Ending and opening are great, and for soundtrack...well I haven't really noticed it. It doesn't stand out, but I guess you could call it average. We'll see when more action will come. Voice actors are pretty good, the voices were just how I imagined they'd be when I had read manga XD

CHARACTERS

Well, we have Rin, troublemaker who's not good in anything, except cooking. Then his perfect smart kind brother Yukio, their friend, shy naive Shiemi, a strange little odd Mephisto...all kinds of characters. We should also count in the demons.

I think characters are well done, and I love that not all of them are actually directly related to the plot. They have this feeling of reality.

OVERALL

Blue exorcist seems to be a really good anime so far, and I hope it won't change. It opens a whole new world to you, so I guess you won't be bored.

If you like fantasy shounen, demons, and stuff...you should watch it. XD I recommend it XD

8.5/10 animation

roriconfan says...

It turned out to be a very mediocre show

Apr 29, 2012
Granator says...

I can just say that for me this anime has definitley found a place in my top 3 among naruto and bleach. It has developed into an anime in which I literally cannot wait untill the naxt episode release XD

Aug 10, 2011
Pemi84 says...

I never said it fits the anime. I just said I haven't really noticed it. And for opening...well, most anime have ending that doesn't really fit...I mean, look at Naruto, Bleach or somethin'...actually, I never said it fit the story. I said it was great= I like the song :)

Jul 7, 2011
MADwonderholic says...

As much as I love this series, personally I don't think the sound fits the anime at all...the OP is alright but the ED seems totally out of place.

I mean, when Rin unsheaths the blade for the first time we have soft quiet music in the background...It makes it seem so unimportant when it should be more. :\

Jun 17, 2011